Best way to use trigger to email a report ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Gauthier
Subject Best way to use trigger to email a report ?
Date
Re: Best way to use trigger to email a report ?  (Christophe Pettus <xof@thebuild.com>)
Re: Best way to use trigger to email a report ?  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Re: Best way to use trigger to email a report ?  (Tim Clarke <tim.clarke@minerva.info>)
List pgsql-general
psql (9.6.0, server 11.3) on linux

Looking for ideas.  I want a trigger to...
1) compose an html report based on DB content
2) email the report to a dist list (dl = value of a table column)

If this will involve hybrid coding, I prefer PL/perl.  The linux env has both "mail" and "mutt" (if this is of any help).

The idea is to send a report to the list when all the data has been collected for a particular job and the final status of the job is updated as a col of a rec of a certain table.  Probably a post update trigger.

Thanks for any ideas :-)