Re: pg_restore V12 fails consistently against piped pg_dumps - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: pg_restore V12 fails consistently against piped pg_dumps
Date
List pgsql-general
On 5/7/20 11:47 PM, Laurenz Albe wrote:
> On Thu, 2020-05-07 at 11:04 -0400, Mohamed Wael Khobalatte wrote:
>> Thanks Tom, I will review those changes tonight. In the meantime, to
>> reproduce, I run the following:
>>
>> - createdb test
>> - create some tables, I used a simple loop to create 10 empty ones.
>> - pg_dump -v -Fc test | tee test.dump > /dev/null (so it's through a
>> pipe, same as if the file is streamed through curl which was the
>> original case)
>> - pg_restore -j4 --verbose --clean --no-acl --no-owner -d test test.dump
>>
>> That should fail consistently. pg_restore_12 and pg_dump_12. Same
>> passes in if I run in earlier versions.
>
> I just tried that and didn't encounter any errors.

I did:

pg_dump -d production -U postgres -Fc |tee test.dump > /dev/null

pg_restore -j4 -d production_test -U postgres test.dump

pg_restore: error: could not find block ID 4804 in archive -- possibly
due to out-of-order restore request, which cannot be handled due to lack
of data offsets in archive
pg_restore: error: could not find block ID 4806 in archive -- possibly
due to out-of-order restore request, which cannot be handled due to lack
of data offsets in archive
pg_restore: error: a worker process died unexpectedly

Whereas a restore without -j4 succeeded.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com