Re: Need a DB layout gui - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Gauthier
Subject Re: Need a DB layout gui
Date
List pgsql-general
All very good ideas.  Thanks to all for the input.
I think I'm leaning toward DBeaver.  But they're all good.
Thanks !

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 5:02 PM Kevin Brannen <KBrannen@efji.com> wrote:

From: David Gauthier <davegauthierpg@gmail.com>

> I've been poking around https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Community_Guide_to_PostgreSQL_GUI_Tools to see if there is anything that can read PG metadata in and display it graphically in a gui.  You know, the kind of picture that is 1 block per table with 1->many arrows connecting up the primary/foreign keys of different tables.  SQL Power Architect looked promising, but fails to do the linkage for some PK-FK relationships (buggy?) . Any suggestions on what might do this?

I use and like dbWrench; it’s written in Java so can run on Linux/Windows/Mac. It’s commercial but not expensive.

Kevin

This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it, may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, review, copy or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify us by reply e-mail, and destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading them or saving them to disk. Thank you.