Re: [GSoC] Query History Upgrade - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Aditya Toshniwal
Subject Re: [GSoC] Query History Upgrade
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi Yosry,

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 2:00 PM Yosry Muhammad <yosrym93@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Aditya,

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 9:04 AM Aditya Toshniwal <aditya.toshniwal@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Yosry,

Nice work there. It seems to be working fine except a few suggestions:
1) Fix pep8 issues
2) DOM Statements like below can be avoided and html can be added directly to main template of $el instead of adding extra operations of find, prepend and append. Plus, it makes it difficult to understand what will the DOM look like.
this.$el.find('.query').prepend('<i id="query_source_icon" class="query-history-icon sql-icon-lg"></i>');
$container.append($toggleEl).append(self.$el);
3) Change the below to use class d-none with toggleClass('d-none') for consistency across.
    this.$el.find('.pgadmin-query-history-entry').each(function() {
      $(this).toggle();
    });

Please find an updated patch attached with the above issues fixed. The pep8 issue was in the test, I didn't re-check pep8 after writing the test - my bad.

4I may be wrong, but I'm seeing the flash icon for view/edit data queries and view table icon for query tool queries. Looks like they are swapped.
Screenshot 2019-08-12 at 12.15.18.png

They seem to be in the right place for me, would you mind rechecking?
Now there are showing fine.
However, the feature test case is failing for me. I tried 2 times:
=============Running the test cases for 'PostgreSQL 11'=============
runTest (pgadmin.feature_tests.query_tool_journey_test.QueryToolJourneyTest)
Tests the path through the query tool ... Copy rows... OK.
Copy columns... OK.
History tab... OK.
Updatable resultsets...FAIL

FAIL: runTest (pgadmin.feature_tests.query_tool_journey_test.QueryToolJourneyTest)
Tests the path through the query tool
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/adityatoshniwal/projects/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/feature_tests/query_tool_journey_test.py", line 79, in runTest
    self._test_updatable_resultset()
  File "/Users/adityatoshniwal/projects/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/feature_tests/query_tool_journey_test.py", line 240, in _test_updatable_resultset
    self._check_query_results_editable(query, False)
  File "/Users/adityatoshniwal/projects/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/feature_tests/query_tool_journey_test.py", line 378, in _check_query_results_editable
    is_editable = self._check_cell_editable(1)
  File "/Users/adityatoshniwal/projects/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/feature_tests/query_tool_journey_test.py", line 395, in _check_cell_editable
    self.assertFalse('editable' in cell_classes)
AssertionError: True is not false

Ran 1 test in 38.118s

FAILED (failures=1)

Thanks !