Re: Infinite loop in GetMultiXactIdMembers() on 9.3.5 (involves pg_upgrade) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Infinite loop in GetMultiXactIdMembers() on 9.3.5 (involves pg_upgrade)
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 7:16 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
> customerdb=# select age(relfrozenxid), age(relminmxid), * from
> pg_class where relname = 'anonymized';

Whoops. Should have used mxid_age() here, but of course it isn't
available in this release.

I've since found BUG #11264, which seems to be the same issue...don't
know how I missed that one before. I see that Alvaro committed
something that at least addresses the non-interruptibility issue
directly, with a call to CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS() (commit d45e8dc52).
But I don't see any follow up addressing the bug itself, which I'd
hoped for. Did the discussion of BUG #11264 simply trail off without
an adequate resolution, as it appeared to?

Thanks
--
Peter Geoghegan