Re: Solaris testers wanted for strxfrm() behavior - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Solaris testers wanted for strxfrm() behavior
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 12:58 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> My perspective is that if both SmartOS and OmniOS pass, it's not our
> responsibility to support OldSolaris if they won't update libraries.

Obviously I especially don't want to double the number of strxfrm()
calls made during text abbreviation for *everyone* just to work around
this silly bug. Those calls will generally be a large fraction of the
cost of any text sort in 9.5, so clearly that would be unacceptable.

Maybe Noah should commit a patch that makes the initial size of the
buffer that stores the transformed string blob very small. This can be
reverted once it has some buildfarm cycles. That is a bit of a scatter
gun approach, but maybe that's inevitable given the paucity of
information around the issue.
--
Peter Geoghegan