Re: Add min and max execute statement time in pg_stat_statement - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Add min and max execute statement time in pg_stat_statement
Date
Re: Add min and max execute statement time in pg_stat_statement  (Gavin Flower <GavinFlower@archidevsys.co.nz>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 4:14 PM, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
> The last bucket would be limited to 8ms < x <= 16 ms.  If you find something
>> 16ms, then you have to rescale *before* you increment any of the buckets.
> Once you do, there is now room to hold it.

How is that laid out in shared memory? If the answer is an array of 32
int64s, one per bucket, -1 from me to this proposal. A huge advantage
of pg_stat_statements today is that the overhead is actually fairly
modest. I really want to preserve that property.

--
Peter Geoghegan