Re: Add min and max execute statement time in pg_stat_statement - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Add min and max execute statement time in pg_stat_statement
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Martijn van Oosterhout (kleptog@svana.org) wrote:
> If I had to guess a distribution for query runtimes I'd go for Poisson,
> which would mean you'd expect the mean to equal the variance. Don't
> have enough experience with such measurements to say whether that is
> reasonable.

I was thinking the same, but I'm not sure how that really helps us.  The
histogram is a good idea, imv, and I'll add my vote for implementing
that.  If it's too expensive to do currently then we need to work out a
way to make it cheaper.  The log-based histogram as an array w/ NULLs
for any empty buckets might not be that terrible.
    Thanks,
        Stephen