Re: Commitfest wrapup - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: Commitfest wrapup
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 9 Apr 2022 at 10:51, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> > Sound like bugfixes to be backpatched.
>
> Yeah.  I'm not sure why these have received so little love.

Since bug fixes are important enough that they'll definitely get done
(and can happen after feature freeze) there's a bit of a perverse
incentive to focus on other things...

"Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done
it, but Nobody did it"

I think every project struggles with bugs that sit in bug tracking
systems indefinitely. The Open Issues is the biggest hammer we have.
Maybe we should be tracking "Open Issues" from earlier in the process
-- things that we think we shouldn't do a release without addressing.

--
greg