Re: Experiments with Postgres and SSL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: Experiments with Postgres and SSL
Date
Re: Experiments with Postgres and SSL  (Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu>)
List pgsql-hackers
Here's a first cut at ALPN support.

Currently it's using a hard coded "Postgres/3.0" protocol (hard coded
both in the client and the server...). And it's hard coded to be
required for direct connections and supported but not required for
regular connections.

IIRC I put a variable labeled a "GUC" but forgot to actually make it a
GUC. But I'm thinking of maybe removing that variable since I don't
see much of a use case for controlling this manually. I *think* ALPN
is supported by all the versions of OpenSSL we support.

The other patches are unchanged (modulo a free() that I missed in the
client before). They still have the semi-open issues I mentioned in
the previous email.

--
greg

Attachment