Re: Commitfest 2023-03 starting tomorrow! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: Commitfest 2023-03 starting tomorrow!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 21, 2023 at 9:22 AM Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> wrote:
> Yeah, even aside from flappers there's the problem that it's about as
> common for real commits to break some test as it is for patches to
> start failing tests. So often it's a real failure but it's nothing to
> do with the patch, it has to do with the commit that went into git.

That is true.  The best solution to that problem, I think, is to teach
cfbot that it should test on top of the most recent master commit that
succeeded in CI here
https://github.com/postgres/postgres/commits/master .  It's on my
list...