Re: Wiki access warning? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: Wiki access warning?
Date
Re: Wiki access warning?  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: Wiki access warning?  (Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
List pgsql-www
On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 9:06 PM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner
<stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> wrote:
> yeah - but that is not nearly enough, the wiki really is for the wider
> community and we need to find a more suitable approach...

Ah, this explains why I couldn't upload my talks just now.

A slight improvement would be to include anyone who has ever
registered or submitted for any of the conferences. Presumably
spammers aren't going to pay actual money or submit an actual talk.

If you have emails then you could allow anyone who has posted to any
mailing list for an extended period of time on the assumption that
repeat spammers on the lists get caught out fairly quickly. I'm not
sure if email is there though.

--
greg