Re: Optimizing Node Files Support - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gregory Stark (as CFM)
Subject Re: Optimizing Node Files Support
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I think it's clear we aren't going to be taking this patch in its
current form. Perhaps there are better ways to do what these files do
(I sure think there are!) but I don't think microoptimizing the
copying is something people are super excited about. It sounds like
rethinking how to make these functions more convenient for programmers
to maintain reliably would be more valuable.

I guess I'll mark it Returned with Feedback -- if there are
significant performance gains to show without making the code harder
to maintain and/or a nicer way to structure this code in general then
we can revisit this.

--
Gregory Stark
As Commitfest Manager