Re: Re: We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: Re: We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 11:58 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> 2. you don't have to look up the mapping for Debian's "cute" version names.

Well the only reason that's true for Yum is that we only support one
version. If you want to use rhel-5 or rhel-7 or rhel on POWER6 you're
just out of luck. If we did you would have to make the same
substitution.

I don't actually have anything against PPA or providing a script which
actually adds the right thing automatically. i just don't understand
why people are saying the RPM instructions which seem exactly
equivalent are in any way better.

--
greg