Re: Shared memory error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sonam Sharma
Subject Re: Shared memory error
Date
List pgsql-general
The dynamic_shared_memory_type was set to POSIX . Because of this it was using tmpfs /dev/shm. When the query was running I saw the file system was filling. So I  extended the file system and luckily the query worked for that time

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020, 5:12 PM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Do you see any other errors around this one, in the PostgreSQL logs?
> No , only this is the error from db and jdbc end .. and queries are failing

If you need a workaround right now you could always set
max_parallel_workers_per_gather=0 so that it doesn't try to use
parallel query.  That could make some queries run more slowly.

When you say you extended the /dev/shm filesystem, what are the mount
options, or how did you configure it?  It's interesting that the
problem went away for a while when you did that.