Re: Found xmin before relfrozenxid and logical replication - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Vijaykumar Jain
Subject Re: Found xmin before relfrozenxid and logical replication
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Wed, 18 Aug 2021 at 20:27, J T <jorge.torralba@gmail.com> wrote:

The secondary server i create the schema with a pg_dump using the -c option. No other databases are on the target since it's a fresh build and new install. I create a subscription to the publisher on the primary and all is fine while data is initialized. Eventually all is caught up.

relevant discussion

`Fix multiple bugs in MultiXactId freezing (Andres Freund, Álvaro Herrera)
These bugs could lead to "could not access status of transaction" errors, or to duplicate or vanishing rows. Users upgrading from releases prior to 9.3.0 are not affected.
The issue can be ameliorated by, after upgrading, vacuuming all tables in all databases while having vacuum_freeze_table_age set to zero. This will fix latent corruption but will not be able to fix all pre-existing data errors.`

Everything looks normal. But, as I look at my log file for errors on the replica, I see hundreds of entries for.

2021-08-16 23:58:14.496 CDT [32191] ERROR:  found xmin 387485 from before relfrozenxid 531040
2021-08-16 23:58:31.632 CDT [32204] ERROR:  MultiXactId 537919489 has not been created yet -- apparent wraparound

What is the state of dead tx?
can you check the status of tx id using
select txid_status(<problem txid>);

this is for the pgdevs,
ok, i might be silly talking about this, but I do not have a test setup to reproduce this.
if the dump is fresh and no other consumer of the db exists, can we run a pg_resetwal on the db to clean those dangling references ?