Found xmin before relfrozenxid and logical replication - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From J T
Subject Found xmin before relfrozenxid and logical replication
Date
List pgsql-admin
I am running into an issue on Postgres 13.3 on Centos 7.5
I have done some reading on the web and almost everything points to a bug back in the 9.x days. However, here is my scenario.

Primary server is PG 10.17
Target server is PG 13.3

On the primary, for testing purposes, the DB is restored from a pg_dump and just for the heck of it, I vacuumed every table in the primary db manually.

The secondary server i create the schema with a pg_dump using the -c option. No other databases are on the target since it's a fresh build and new install. I create a subscription to the publisher on the primary and all is fine while data is initialized. Eventually all is caught up.

Everything looks normal. But, as I look at my log file for errors on the replica, I see hundreds of entries for.

2021-08-16 23:58:14.496 CDT [32191] ERROR:  found xmin 387485 from before relfrozenxid 531040
2021-08-16 23:58:31.632 CDT [32204] ERROR:  MultiXactId 537919489 has not been created yet -- apparent wraparound

I cannot vacuum the table on the replica without it erroring out due to the xmin condition.

Any clues?

--
Thanks,

Jorge Torralba

Note: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate or otherwise use the information. Please indicate to the sender that you have received this email in error and delete the copy you received. Thank You.