Re: Replication slot stats misgivings - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bharath Rupireddy
Subject Re: Replication slot stats misgivings
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Apr 3, 2021 at 11:12 PM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here pg_stat_replication_slots will not have enought slots. I changed
> it to below:
> errmsg("skipping \"%s\" replication slot statistics as
> pg_stat_replication_slots does not have enough slots"
> Thoughts?

WFM.

> > 3) Should we change the if condition to max_replication_slots <=
> > nReplSlotStats instead of max_replication_slots == nReplSlotStats? In
> > the scenario, it is mentioned that "one of the replication slots is
> > dropped", will this issue occur when multiple replication slots are
> > dropped?
> >

> I felt it should be max_replication_slots == nReplSlotStats, if
> max_replication_slots = 5, we will be able to store 5 replication slot
> statistics from 0,1..4, from 5th we will not have space. I think this
> need not be changed.

I'm not sure whether we can have a situation where
max_replication_slots < nReplSlotStats i.e. max_replication_slots
getting set to lesser than nReplSlotStats. I think I didn't get the
above mentioned scenario i.e.  max_replication_slots == nReplSlotStats
correctly. It will be great if you could throw some light on that
scenario and ensure that it's not possible to reach a situation where
max_replication_slots < nReplSlotStats.

With Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.