Re: Use pg_pwritev_with_retry() instead of write() in dir_open_for_write() to avoid partial writes? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bharath Rupireddy
Subject Re: Use pg_pwritev_with_retry() instead of write() in dir_open_for_write() to avoid partial writes?
Date
In response to Re: Use pg_pwritev_with_retry() instead of write() in dir_open_for_write() to avoid partial writes?  (John Naylor <john.naylor@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Nov 11, 2022 at 11:14 AM John Naylor
<john.naylor@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 8, 2022 at 11:08 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> >
> > So, I have looked at that, and at the end concluded that Andres'
> > suggestion to use PGAlignedBlock in pg_write_zeros() will serve better
> > in the long run.  Thomas has mentioned upthread that some of the
> > comments don't need to be that long, so I have tweaked these to be
> > minimal, and updated a few more areas.  Note that this has been split
> > into two commits: one to introduce the new routine in file_utils.c and
> > a second for the switch in walmethods.c.
>
> Was there supposed to be an attachment here?

Nope. The patches have already been committed -
3bdbdf5d06f2179d4c17926d77ff734ea9e7d525 and
28cc2976a9cf0ed661dbc55f49f669192cce1c89.

--
Bharath Rupireddy
PostgreSQL Contributors Team