Re: Reviving lost replication slots - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bharath Rupireddy
Subject Re: Reviving lost replication slots
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 10, 2022 at 4:12 PM sirisha chamarthi
<sirichamarthi22@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 9, 2022 at 12:32 AM Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I don't think walsenders fetching segment from archive is totally
>> stupid. With that feature, we can use fast and expensive but small
>> storage for pg_wal, while avoiding replciation from dying even in
>> emergency.
>
> Thanks! If there is a general agreement on this in this forum, I would like to start working on this patch,

I think starting with establishing/summarizing the problem, design
approaches, implications etc. is a better idea than a patch. It might
invite more thoughts from the hackers.

--
Bharath Rupireddy
PostgreSQL Contributors Team