Re: Enhanced error message to include hint messages for redundant options error - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bharath Rupireddy
Subject Re: Enhanced error message to include hint messages for redundant options error
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 6:23 AM Bharath Rupireddy

> On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 9:10 PM Bharath Rupireddy
> <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I found another problem with collationcmds.c is that it doesn't error
> > out if some of the options are specified more than once, something
> > like below. I think the option checking "for loop" in DefineCollation
> > needs to be reworked.
> > CREATE COLLATION case_insensitive (provider = icu, provider =
> > someother locale = '@colStrength=secondary', deterministic = false,
> > deterministic = true);
>
> I'm thinking that the above problem should be discussed separately. I
> will start a new thread soon on this.

I started a separate thread -
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CALj2ACWtL6fTLdyF4R_YkPtf1YEDb6FUoD5DGAki3rpD%2BsWqiA%40mail.gmail.com

With Regards,