Why is Query NOT getting cancelled with SIGINT in PG14? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bharath Rupireddy
Subject Why is Query NOT getting cancelled with SIGINT in PG14?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Looks like the running query is not getting cancelled even though I
issue CTRL+C from psql or kill the backend with SIGINT. This only
happens with PG14 not in PG13. Am I missing something here? Is it a
bug?

create table t1(a1 int);
insert into t1 select * from generate_series(1,10000000000);  --> I
chose an intentionally long running query, now either issue CTRL+C or
kill the backend with SIGINT, the query doesn't get cancelled. Note
that I don't even see "Cancel request sent" message on psql when I
issue CTRL+C.

With Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.