Re: Logical Replication - detail message with names of missing columns - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bharath Rupireddy
Subject Re: Logical Replication - detail message with names of missing columns
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 9:05 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On 2020-Sep-11, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > Check, but you could imagine that the column-list string is constructed
> > with code along the lines of
> >
> >       if (first)
> >           appendStringInfo(buf, _("\"%s\""), colname);
> >       else
> >           appendStringInfo(buf, _(", \"%s\""), colname);
> > thus allowing a translator to replace the quote marks.
>
> This works OK for my language at least.  I couldn't find any guidance on
> whether there's a problem doing things this way for RTL languages etc,
> but +1 for doing it this way.

Thanks for the comments. I changed the patch to use the string
preparation in below fashion. Attaching the v5 patch. Please let me
know if there are any further inputs.

+                if (missingattcnt == 1)
+                    appendStringInfo(&missingattsbuf, _("\"%s\""),
+                                     remoterel->attnames[i]);
+                else
+                    appendStringInfo(&missingattsbuf, _(", \"%s\""),
+                                     remoterel->attnames[i]);

With Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.

Attachment