Re: Add ORDER BY to stabilize tablespace test for partitioned index - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bharath Rupireddy
Subject Re: Add ORDER BY to stabilize tablespace test for partitioned index
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 9, 2021 at 1:30 PM Pavel Borisov <pashkin.elfe@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, hackers!
> I noticed the Peter's commit 7e3c54168d9ec058cb3c9d47f8105b1d32dc8ceb that stabilizes certain tests by adding ORDER
BYclause in tests and remember that I saw the same error in tablespaces test for creation of partitioned index. It
comesvery rarely and test fails on inverted order of parent and child.

> PFA small patch that stabilizes that test in the same style by adding ORDER BY.

+1 and the patch looks good to me.

I think we also need to add ORDER BY clauses to a few more tests(as
pointed in [1]) in create_function_3.sql which the commit 7e3c54168
missed to add. I will post the patch there in [1] and see if it gets
picked up.

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CALj2ACVb%2BFsKAhxAmVWSnTsPQwkvbMsxo4jGhw3uT-E036hvPA%40mail.gmail.com

With Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.