Re: Use XLogFromFileName() in pg_resetwal to parse position from WAL file - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bharath Rupireddy
Subject Re: Use XLogFromFileName() in pg_resetwal to parse position from WAL file
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 4, 2022 at 11:47 AM Kyotaro Horiguchi
<horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:

> > -     segs_per_xlogid = (UINT64CONST(0x0000000100000000) / ControlFile.xlog_seg_size);
> >       newXlogSegNo = ControlFile.checkPointCopy.redo / ControlFile.xlog_seg_size;
>
> Couldn't we use XLByteToSeg() here?

Yes, we could.

> Other than that, it looks good to me.

Thanks. There are a few more assorted WAL file related things I found,
I will be sending all of them in this thread itself in a while.

--
Bharath Rupireddy
PostgreSQL Contributors Team