Re: TRUNCATE on foreign table - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bharath Rupireddy
Subject Re: TRUNCATE on foreign table
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 23, 2021 at 1:39 PM Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:
> > +    <para>
> > +     Note that information about <literal>ONLY</literal> options specified
> > +     in the original <command>TRUNCATE</command> command is not passed to
> >
> > I think it is not "information about", no? We just don't pass ONLY
> > option  instead we skip it. IMO, we can say "Note that the ONLY option
> > specified with a foreign table in the original TRUNCATE command is
> > skipped and not passed to ExecForeignTruncate."
>
> Probably I still fail to understand your point.
> But if "information about" is confusing, I'm ok to
> remove that. Fixed.

A small typo in the docs patch: It is "are not passed to", instead of
"is not passed to" since we used plural "options". "Note that the ONLY
options specified in the original TRUNCATE command are not passed to"

+     Note that the <literal>ONLY</literal> options specified
      in the original <command>TRUNCATE</command> command is not passed to

With Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.