Re: pgAdmin 3.0 builds - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Chris Marx
Subject Re: pgAdmin 3.0 builds
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

On Mac Sierra (10.12.5), v3 doesn't even launch, unless I happen to have Chrome open (my default browser), and then it launches in browser mode. Is this what's supposed to happen with the new version?

Chris-

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 10:25 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 3:23 PM, Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> wrote:
Re: Dave Page 2018-04-16 <CA+OCxoxQdTWbGYNjEd2dRePuwWzMSQw4ynfuJ4PfCvdB=7EwNA@mail.gmail.com>
> > The python part is causing headaches - the move from flask-babel to
> > flask-babelex is hurting because that's not available in Debian, and
> > the move as such is controversial:
> > https://github.com/mattupstate/flask-security/issues/715
>
> Hmm, we had to update as flask_babel isn’t working with modern versions of
> Babel.
>
> > At the moment this looks like a huge time sink to package.
>
> Can flask_babelex be built as a private package and installed in the
> pgAdmin web/ directory? That’s what Devrim does with a bunch of the dips
> for the RPMs.

That part turned out to be easier than I had thought. I had already
packaged babelex because it's a dependency of flask-security 3.0.0,
but never uploaded it because flask-security 1.7.5 seemed good enough.
Done now.

flask-security 3.0.0 has the additional problem that it wants
python-speaklater, but that seems to be dead upstream and got removed
from Debian years (?) ago, so I think we'll stay with 1.7.5 for now.

Packages for pgadmin4 3.0 will appear on the mirrors in about one hour.

\o/

Many thanks!

--
Dave Page