Re: Any reasons to not move pgstattuple to core? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sergey Konoplev
Subject Re: Any reasons to not move pgstattuple to core?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 3:55 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 3:34 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Well, this is a general problem with any extension - somebody might
>> want it on a system on which the admin is unable or unwilling to
>> install it.  But we can't put every possible extension in core.
>
> The flip-side is that we could have made an awful lot of built-in
> things extensions, but for whatever reason chose not to. I'm not
> necessarily in favor of putting pgstattuple in core, but the question
> should be asked: Why should we do this here? In what way is
> pgstattuple like or not like the other things that are in core?

I would highlight it as it became a kind of routine one. Also,
sometimes it is required to solve problems, not to make new features,
so it often can not wait.

--
Kind regards,
Sergey Konoplev

http://www.linkedin.com/in/grayhemp
+1 (415) 867-9984, +7 (901) 903-0499, +7 (988) 888-1979
gray.ru@gmail.com