Re: How to avoid Force Autovacuum - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sergey Konoplev
Subject Re: How to avoid Force Autovacuum
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 2:46 AM, Vishalakshi Navaneethakrishnan
<nvishalakshi@sirahu.com> wrote:
> Daily once we are executing "Vacuum Freeze analyze" -- To prevent
> transaction id wraparound
> using this command
> vacuumdb -F -z -h localhost -U postgres dbname

It is not necessary to do. Autovacuum does it itself where and when needed.

> Even sometimes autovacuum running on the databases and increase the load
> (Above 200) very much and the server was unresponsive
>
> I have seen the autovacum worker process in top command,
> While i executing pg_stat_activity as postgres user, i have seen the pid of
> autovacuum process in the result  but the query filed is "Empty"

Was autovacuum the only process that you saw in pg_stat_activity?

What OS do you use?

Do you use huge pages?

--
Kind regards,
Sergey Konoplev

http://www.linkedin.com/in/grayhemp
+1 (415) 867-9984, +7 (901) 903-0499, +7 (988) 888-1979
gray.ru@gmail.com