Re: CREATE POLICY and RETURNING - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zhaomo Yang
Subject Re: CREATE POLICY and RETURNING
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Stephen,

I just tried a little bit your patch for applying SELECT policies to
DELETE/UPDATE. It is consistent with the GRANT system so it looks
really good. I'll test it more thoroughly later.

Also, I guess we don't need to worry about the syntax of "restrictive
policies" you mentioned in the upthread since SELECT policies are
essentially restrictive now. Since that work has already been done,
I'm wondering if I can take the task of allowing policies to reference
both the 'old' and 'new' versions of the row. I understand that this
feature won't be considered for 9.5 but I'd like to implement it and
hopefully get it incorporated into 9.6.

Thanks,
Zhaomo