Re: should INSERT SELECT use a BulkInsertState? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zhihong Yu
Subject Re: should INSERT SELECT use a BulkInsertState?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,
+           mtstate->ntuples > bulk_insert_ntuples &&
+           bulk_insert_ntuples >= 0)

I wonder why bulk_insert_ntuples == 0 is included in the above. It seems bulk_insert_ntuples having value of 0 should mean not enabling bulk insertions.

+   }
+   else
+   {

nit: the else should be on the same line as the right brace.

Cheers

On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 6:38 AM Ibrar Ahmed <ibrar.ahmad@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Mar 8, 2021 at 2:18 PM houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com <houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> > > I am very interested in this patch, and I plan to do some
> > > experiments with the
> > patch.
> > > Can you please rebase the patch because it seems can not applied to
> > > the
> > master now.
> >
> > Thanks for your interest.
> >
> > I was sitting on a rebased version since the bulk FDW patch will cause
> > conflicts, and since this should maybe be built on top of the table-am patch
> (2871).
> > Have fun :)
> Hi,
>
> When I testing with the patch, I found I can not use "\d tablename".
> It reports the following error, it this related to the patch?

Sorry, solved by re-initdb.

Best regards,
houzj

One of the patch (v10-0001-INSERT-SELECT-to-use-BulkInsertState-and-multi_i.patch) from the patchset does not apply.

http://cfbot.cputube.org/patch_32_2553.log

1 out of 13 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/backend/commands/copyfrom.c.rej

It is a minor change, therefore I fixed that to make cfbot happy. Please take a look if that works for you.

--
Ibrar Ahmed