Re: Add header support to text format and matching feature - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zhihong Yu
Subject Re: Add header support to text format and matching feature
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 4:17 PM Rémi Lapeyre <remi.lapeyre@lenstra.fr> wrote:

> Michael, since the issue of duplicated options has been fixed do either of these patches look like they are ready for commit?

Here’s a rebased version of the patch.

Cheers,
Rémi

> Regards,
> --
> -David
> david@pgmasters.net

Hi,
>> sure it matches what is expected and exit immediatly if it does not.

Typo: immediately

+CREATE FOREIGN TABLE header_dont_match (a int, foo text) SERVER file_server

nit: since header is singular, you can name the table header_doesnt_match

+      from the one expected, or the name or case do not match, the copy will

For 'the name or case do not match', either use plural for the subjects or change 'do' to doesn't

-           opts_out->header_line = defGetBoolean(defel);
+           opts_out->header_line = DefGetCopyHeader(defel);

Existing method starts with lower case d, I wonder why the new method starts with upper case D.

+           if (fldct < list_length(cstate->attnumlist))
+               ereport(ERROR,
+                       (errcode(ERRCODE_BAD_COPY_FILE_FORMAT),
+                        errmsg("missing header")));

The message seems to be inaccurate: the header may be there - it just misses some fields.

+ * Represents whether the header must be absent, present or present and match.

present and match: it seems present is redundant - if header is absent, how can it match ?

Cheers