Re: Add header support to text format and matching feature - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rémi Lapeyre
Subject Re: Add header support to text format and matching feature
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> Hi,
> >> sure it matches what is expected and exit immediatly if it does not.
>
> Typo: immediately
>
> +CREATE FOREIGN TABLE header_dont_match (a int, foo text) SERVER file_server
>
> nit: since header is singular, you can name the table header_doesnt_match
>
> +      from the one expected, or the name or case do not match, the copy will
>
> For 'the name or case do not match', either use plural for the subjects or change 'do' to doesn't

Thanks, I fixed both typos.

> -           opts_out->header_line = defGetBoolean(defel);
> +           opts_out->header_line = DefGetCopyHeader(defel);
>
> Existing method starts with lower case d, I wonder why the new method starts with upper case D.

I don’t remember why I used DefGetCopyHeader, should I change it?

> +           if (fldct < list_length(cstate->attnumlist))
> +               ereport(ERROR,
> +                       (errcode(ERRCODE_BAD_COPY_FILE_FORMAT),
> +                        errmsg("missing header")));
>
> The message seems to be inaccurate: the header may be there - it just misses some fields.

I changed the error messages, they now are:
    ERROR:  incomplete header, expected 3 columns but got 2
    ERROR:  extra data after last expected header, expected 3 columns but got 4

> + * Represents whether the header must be absent, present or present and match.
>
> present and match: it seems present is redundant - if header is absent, how can it match ?

This now reads "Represents whether the header must be absent, present or match.”.

Cheers,
Rémi

> Cheers

Attachment