Re: Included xid in restoring reorder buffer changes from disk log message - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From vignesh C
Subject Re: Included xid in restoring reorder buffer changes from disk log message
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 30 Apr 2021 at 11:53, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 9:45 PM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > While debugging one of the logical decoding issues, I found that xid was not included in restoring reorder buffer
changesfrom disk log messages.  Attached a patch for it. I felt including the XID will be helpful in debugging.
Thoughts?

> It makes sense to include xid in the debug message, earlier I thought
> that will it be a good idea to also print the toplevel_xid.  But I
> think it is for debug purposes and only we have the xid we can fetch
> the other parameters so maybe adding xid is good enough.

While having a look at the reorderbuffer code, I noticed that this
changes were still not committed.
Here is a rebased version of the patch.

Regards,
Vignesh