Re: Enhance traceability of wal_level changes for backup management - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From vignesh C
Subject Re: Enhance traceability of wal_level changes for backup management
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 6:14 AM osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com
<osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Hello
>

> On Thursday, January 21, 2021 11:19 PM I wrote:
> > If no one disagree with it, I'll proceed with (1) below.
> >
> > (1) writing the time or LSN in the control file to indicate when/where wal_level
> > is changed to 'minimal'
> > from upper level to invalidate the old backups or make alerts to users.
> I attached the first patch which implementes this idea.
> It was aligned by pgindent and shows no regression.

The patch does not apply on Head anymore, could you rebase and post a
patch. I'm changing the status to "Waiting for Author".

Regards,
Vignesh