How to execute the sql file in PSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mark
Subject How to execute the sql file in PSQL
Date
List pgsql-general

Stackoverflow question link:  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/64210281/using-psql-executing-sql-format-file-shows-permission-denied-on-windows-platform

I followed one PostgreSQL tutorial step by step. One session to use PSQL to execute sql files to create a new database in PostgreSQL.
  1.  copy  paste the sql file within "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\12" directory.
  2.  execute the following code  \i  C:\\Program Files\\PostgreSQL\\12\\demo-big-en-20170815.sql
Failed
The message shows  C:: Permission denied
then tried  \ir  "C:\\Program Files\\PostgreSQL\\12\\demo-big-en-20170815.sql"
Failed
The message shows unrecognized win32 error code: 123"C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/12/createdatabasesupertest.sql: Invalid argument

SQL file probably was wrong. SO I tried to create a simple sql file (create a new database). Then  I follow the above mentioned step to  execute the file on windows PSQL.  But  it failed the same way just like the above mentioned.

So basically my PSQL can not run script files.  What should i do?