Re: UUID generation problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: UUID generation problem
Date
List pgsql-general
"James B. Byrne" <byrnejb@harte-lyne.ca> writes:
> idempiere=# select uuid_generate_v4();
> ERROR:  function uuid_generate_v4() does not exist
> LINE 1: select uuid_generate_v4();
>                ^
> HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You might need to
> add explicit type casts.
> idempiere=# select public.uuid_generate_v4();
>            uuid_generate_v4
> --------------------------------------
>  87f70b3b-4dc5-4775-b8f7-b7a351e7b97b
> (1 row)

That seems to show quite definitively that public is not in your
search_path, which contradicts the current_schemas() result you
gave earlier.  I continue to suspect that you are somehow
confusing yourself by testing in different databases and/or
with different user accounts.

Possibly connected to this is that the "#" mark in your psql
prompt implies that you are running as superuser.  I sure
hope you are not letting your application do that.

            regards, tom lane