What is the relationship between checkpoint and wal - Mailing list pgsql-general

From 高健
Subject What is the relationship between checkpoint and wal
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello:

Sorry  for disturbing.
I have one question  : Will checkpoint cause  wal written happen?

I  found  the following info at:

Checkpoints are fairly expensive, first because they require writing out all currently dirty buffers, and second because they result in extra subsequent WAL traffic as discussed above.

What confused me is that:  (checkpoint)result in extra subsequent WAL traffic as discussed above...

I haven't found any more information can describe it in the "above" of that page.

What I understand now is:

In Oracle, when checkpoint occur, it will flush data back to datafile.
At that time,
in oracle, even fulsh back to datafile will also cause log writer writing to redo segment(rollback segment).

But for Postgreql,
I haven't found any information says that:
When checkpoint occurs, before flush to datafile,  Postgresql must first activate some logwriter to write to WAL, And then activate bgwriter or backend process to write to data file.

Can anybody please give some url link which can say:
That Checkpoint will result in extra subsequent WAL traffic ?

I need some evidence to show to some guys in my team and to my boss.

Best Regards