Re: Update foreign table with trigger - Mailing list pgsql-general

From s d
Subject Re: Update foreign table with trigger
Date
List pgsql-general
On 26 February 2016 at 20:19, Leonardo M. Ramé <l.rame@griensu.com> wrote:

El 26/02/16 a las 16:18, s d escribió:

On 26 February 2016 at 20:02, Leonardo M. Ramé <l.rame@griensu.com
<mailto:l.rame@griensu.com>> wrote:

    El 26/02/16 a las 15:55, John R Pierce escribió:

        On 2/26/2016 10:29 AM, Leonardo M. Ramé wrote:

            Hi, I created a Postgres_FDW table (TABLE_A) and need to do
            an update on that table.

            As TABLE_A has a trigger, and the trigger does an insert on
            another table (TABLE_B), I had to create another foreign
            table called TABLE_B, that's ok.

        that trigger is defined on the server that actually has table_a,
        right?   or did you define a trigger on the FDW table ?

    Hi John, yes, the trigger is only defined on the foreign server.

Let's check we get this right!
You have two "real" table in the remote server with a trigger doing it's
job on them and on the local server you have and FDW on each remote
table. Right?

Yes, that's right.

Then try to do the update on the remote db directly.

In the meantime could you provide the table and trigger definitions?

Ezt az e-mailt egy Avast védelemmel rendelkező, vírusmentes számítógépről küldték.