Re: Fix GetWALAvailability function code comments for WALAVAIL_REMOVED return value - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From sirisha chamarthi
Subject Re: Fix GetWALAvailability function code comments for WALAVAIL_REMOVED return value
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Oct 19, 2022 at 7:59 PM Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:
At Wed, 19 Oct 2022 13:06:08 +0530, Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com> wrote in
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2022 at 12:39 PM sirisha chamarthi
> <sirichamarthi22@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > The current code comment says that the replication stream on a slot with the given targetLSN can't continue after a restart but even without a restart the stream cannot continue. The slot is invalidated and the walsender process is terminated by the checkpoint process. Attaching a small patch to fix the comment.

In short, the proposed fix alone seems fine to me. If we want to show
further details, I would add a bit as follows.

| * * WALAVAIL_REMOVED means it has been removed. A replication stream on
| *   a slot with this LSN cannot continue.  Note that the affected
| *   processes have been terminated by checkpointer, too.

Thanks for your comments! Attached the patch with your suggestions.

Thanks,
Sirisha

Attachment