Re: ERROR: could not find tuple for statistics object - is there a way to clean this up? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Morris de Oryx
Subject Re: ERROR: could not find tuple for statistics object - is there a way to clean this up?
Date
List pgsql-general
After posting, I realized that this is likely a Stupid User Error. I was mucking around, and did something along the lines of

delete from pg_statistic_ext;

or
delete from pg_stats_ext;

...instead of DROP STATISTICS calls. Would this likely explain what I'm seeing? If so, bug is in front of keyboard...my understanding is that you shouldn't mess with the catalog data directly.

On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 6:08 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Morris de Oryx <morrisdeoryx@gmail.com> writes:
> And here's the error that I get back:
> ERROR:  could not find tuple for statistics object 147574.

Can you give a self-contained recipe for triggering this?

                        regards, tom lane