Re: Development environment setup for pgarchives and pgweb - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Sahil Harpal
Subject Re: Development environment setup for pgarchives and pgweb
Date
List pgsql-www
Hello Magnus,
Yeah you are right /list/ will not work directly in pgweb.
I also think authentication doesn't need to access most of the pgarchives' data. It will be required only to get private data. In the current setup, I am running pgarchives on port 9000 and pgweb on 8000. In the community auth of pgweb, I added the URL of pgarchives in the redirect URL field. http://127.0.0.1:9000 redirects me to the login screen of pgweb.
I think I don't even need pgweb. In the current configuration, I changed PUBLIC_ARCHIVES = True & ALLOW_RESEND = False and it worked. I guess making these changes skips the authentication step, which is not required to access public data.
I also made a few changes to access /admin/. Since in the code present on the github this part is disabled. Now I can add sample/dummy data from the admin panel.
Since my work will involve mostly frontend parts, I think for now I don't even need to think about the reverse proxy thing. I can directly work on the templates directory of pgarchives.
Thanks for giving me the right direction!
---
Sahil Harpal