Re: Development environment setup for pgarchives and pgweb - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Development environment setup for pgarchives and pgweb
Date
List pgsql-www

On Thu, Jun 2, 2022, 09:38 Sahil Harpal <sahilharpal1234@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,
As a part of GSoC 2022, I am working on the project pgarchives. I have cloned both pgarchives & pgweb and installed all the dependencies. But I am facing a problem in connecting pgarchives to pgweb. If I open the pgarchives in the browser, it first redirects me to login screen of pgweb. Then after giving credentials and submitting the form, it remains on the same screen. Just the URL is changing. Also I am getting 404 on accessing mailing lists from the mailing lists option present in the quick links section of pgweb.
Could you please help me resolve these issues and to set this up?

It is normal that the link to /list/ directly on the site does not work. For that to work you need to set up a reverse proxy that forwards /list/ on the pgweb port to whatever port you run pgarchives on. But that's not needed to test and use pgarchives.

The majority of pgarchives doesn't need or use any authentication at all, but I assume you're planning to do something that needs it. It's hard to figure out from your screenshot what is actually failing though. Which port is pgarchives on? And what url is actrually triggering the initial redirect? Everything in your screenshots seems to be from pgweb and nothing from pgarchives?

/Magnus