Re: Add additional information to src/test/ssl/README - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Burke
Subject Re: Add additional information to src/test/ssl/README
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I probably would not have looked there honestly; I was working in the terminal and had the source code right there. Could we put a link to that page in the README?

"For more information on Postgres's TAP tests, see the docs: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/regress-tap.html"

Kevin

On Sat, Oct 30, 2021 at 7:14 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Kevin Burke <kevin@burke.dev> writes:
> I've been trying to run the SSL tests against my branch and that was
> tougher than expected because I didn't realize that additional output was
> being saved that I couldn't see - it wasn't even getting to the part where
> it could run the tests. This patch adds a note to the README explaining
> where to look if you get an error.

That's a generic thing about every one of our TAP tests, so documenting
it in that one README doesn't seem like an appropriate answer.  Would
it have helped you to explain it in

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/regress-tap.html

?