Re: Add additional information to src/test/ssl/README - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Add additional information to src/test/ssl/README
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Kevin Burke <kevin@burke.dev> writes:
> I've been trying to run the SSL tests against my branch and that was
> tougher than expected because I didn't realize that additional output was
> being saved that I couldn't see - it wasn't even getting to the part where
> it could run the tests. This patch adds a note to the README explaining
> where to look if you get an error.

That's a generic thing about every one of our TAP tests, so documenting
it in that one README doesn't seem like an appropriate answer.  Would
it have helped you to explain it in

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/regress-tap.html

?