Re: doc: mentioned CREATE+ATTACH PARTITION as an alternative to CREATE TABLE..PARTITION OF - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jakub Wartak
Subject Re: doc: mentioned CREATE+ATTACH PARTITION as an alternative to CREATE TABLE..PARTITION OF
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi, I've tested the attached patch by Justin and it applied almost
cleanly to the master, but there was a tiny typo and make
postgres-A4.pdf didn't want to run:
Note that creating a partition using <literal>PARTITION OF<literal>
=> (note lack of closing literal) =>
Note that creating a partition using <literal>PARTITION OF</literal>

Attached is version v0002 that contains this fix. @Justin maybe you
could set the status to Ready for Comitter (
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/42/3790/ ) ?

On Thu, Jan 19, 2023 at 10:58 PM Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 19, 2023 at 04:47:59PM -0500, Robert Treat wrote:
> > I think all of that feedback is useful, I guess the immediate question
> > becomes if Justin wants to try to proceed with his patch implementing
> > the change, or if adjusting the documentation for the current
> > implementation is the right move for now.
>
> The docs change is desirable in any case, since it should be
> backpatched, and any patch to change CREATE..PARTITION OF would be for
> v17+ anyway.
>
> --
> Justin

Attachment