Re: doc: mentioned CREATE+ATTACH PARTITION as an alternative to CREATE TABLE..PARTITION OF - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: doc: mentioned CREATE+ATTACH PARTITION as an alternative to CREATE TABLE..PARTITION OF
Date
Re: doc: mentioned CREATE+ATTACH PARTITION as an alternative to CREATE TABLE..PARTITION OF  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 19, 2023 at 04:47:59PM -0500, Robert Treat wrote:
> I think all of that feedback is useful, I guess the immediate question
> becomes if Justin wants to try to proceed with his patch implementing
> the change, or if adjusting the documentation for the current
> implementation is the right move for now.

The docs change is desirable in any case, since it should be
backpatched, and any patch to change CREATE..PARTITION OF would be for
v17+ anyway.

--
Justin