Re: How to debug "background worker "parallel worker" (PID 32152) wasterminated by signal 11: Segmentation fault" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mahendra Singh Thalor
Subject Re: How to debug "background worker "parallel worker" (PID 32152) wasterminated by signal 11: Segmentation fault"
Date
In response to Re: How to debug "background worker "parallel worker" (PID 32152) was terminated by signal 11: Segmentation fault"  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 at 17:52, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Radu Radutiu <rradutiu@gmail.com> writes:
> > Can you guide me how to debug postgresql crash?
>
> A stack trace would be pretty useful.
>
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Generating_a_stack_trace_of_a_PostgreSQL_backend
>
>                         regards, tom lane

If you have given "-c" option while starting the server, then as your
background worker(PID: 32152) crashed with segment fault so you should
have core dump for this inside data folder. Check that core.32152 is
exist inside your data folder or not. If exists, then fire "gdb
postgres data/core.32152" and then "bt" to get stack trace.

--
Thanks and Regards
Mahendra Singh Thalor