Re: Password setting having somewhat bizarre results. - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dinesh Kumar
Subject Re: Password setting having somewhat bizarre results.
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi Dave,

Further to my analysis on this issue, it's only get re-produced on the installed pgAdmin. Where as in the local debug mode, it's working as expected.

Actual Issue
-----------------
When the role's authentication timeout is "infinity", then as per the logic we don't set any value to the "Account Expires" calendar box. If we have only the valid date/time, then only we do set this box with proper values. This is working fine as expected in the debug mode of pgAdmin.

Where as in the installed pgAdmin, when the authentication timeout is "infinity" then it's setting the "Account Expires" calendar box with the Unix Epoch time in Windows 7 and (Unix Epoch time -1) in Windows 8.

I have verified the code for the any variables those have not been initialized properly. Unfortunately, i am not able to find  of those. I believe, the following value "wxInvalidDateTime.m_time" from datetime.h is giving different value in the installed pgAdmin.

inline bool IsValid() const { return m_time != wxInvalidDateTime.m_time; }

Hence, i have added one more condition in the dlgRole.cpp file to avoid this case. Please find the fix for this issue.

And also, looking forward for your suggestions and inputs.

Thanks in advance.

Dinesh

--
Dinesh Kumar
Software Engineer

Ph: +918087463317
Skype ID: dinesh.kumar432
www.enterprisedb.com

Follow us on Twitter

@EnterpriseDB

Visit EnterpriseDB for tutorials, webinars, whitepapers and more