Re: Additional role attributes && superuser review - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Adam Brightwell
Subject Re: Additional role attributes && superuser review
Date
Re: Additional role attributes && superuser review  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
All,

2. Catalog Representation:

Condense all attributes in pg_authid to single int64 column and create bitmasks accordingly.

I have been working on these changes and I was hoping for some assistance/recommendations.

Currently, I am using int32 simply because int64 is causing some issues.  The issue is that genbki.pl is not able to associate it with the int8 type as defined in pg_type.h.  Therefore Schema_pg_authid in schemapg.h isn't defined correctly.  I've been digging and scratching my head on this one but I have reached a point where I think it would be better just to ask.

Any thoughts or recommendations on how I should approach this?

-Adam